HOME

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A HUSBAND’S PRAYER


Father in heaven, I praise you for giving me a wife as wonderful and Godly as she.

Give me a patient heart to faithfully love her; the way Your Son patiently and faithfully loved the church.

Give me a humble spirit to be of tireless service to her; the way Your Son humbly and tirelessly served the church.  

Give me the strength to be always ready to die for her; the way Your Son willingly accepted death for the sake of the church.

Give me the courage and might to protect her against all dangers; the way Your Son courageously and mightily protected the church against the malice and deception of the evil one.


And Finally, Father, please grant me the grace to be a Holy Husband. Remind me always that my fidelity to her is my fidelity to You. Keep me in Your sight and teach me to be a better husband in each passing day. May Your Spirit be upon me always so that I may lead her, and our (future) children, to be in Your loving and grace-filled presence.

This I pray, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment